Sunday, September 7, 2014

Why you should do what makes you happy...



There are hundreds of ways every day that we can make a difference in someone’s life.  Sometimes you have no idea that the conversation you are having is changing that person’s outlook and thoughts on where they are in life.  I know for me I am always trying to be supportive and helpful and when I see someone struggling with issues (many of which I have and still deal with) I want to reach out and help them.  I want them to know they are not alone and that even the most successful people have setbacks and struggles.  It is the fact that these people don’t let it get them down that makes them most successful.  I tend to motivate others when I am struggling the most myself because I know it takes the focus off of me and in helping others I am actually helping myself.  

Yesterday my younger brother and I were talking about his photography and art and how not having a website or Facebook page is a lost opportunity.  My brother has overcome some amazing hurdles in his life and I told him that it would be a tragedy to waste this second chance you have been given by not doing what you love.  Put yourself out there, find your passion, show off your talents and I promise you that you will be successful and happy and the second you are truly happy all the pieces will fall into place.  I believe that the key to happiness is being at peace with yourself and knowing that while your life may not be exactly where you want it to be - you are exactly where you are supposed to be.   

Doug, go out and create a passionate, fulfilling life – you deserve it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment